Debian-IN is a project to coordinate the integration of Indian language and cultural support in Debian GNU/Linux.
- Debian-IN project page on Alioth
- Debian-IN Workers mailing list
- Debian-IN subversion repository
- Debian-IN QA and package tracking
- IRC: #debian-in at irc.debian.org
Anonymous access: svn co svn://email@example.com/svn/debian-in/
Developer access: svn co svn+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/svn/debian-in/
Replace 'username' with your alioth username.
Things that needs your attention/help!
- Look at QA Page, pick your bug!
- We need logo, new logo!
- Package hunspell dictionaries for Indian languages, available in Fedora already
- OpenOffice.org Hyphenation packages under Debian-IN umbrella?
- Bolnagri Phonetic Indian language keyboard
FOSS.IN 2010 - planning in progress
The Debian-IN team and individual members maintain the following packages as part of Debian.
- aspell-bn Bengali Wordlist for Aspell
- aspell-gu Gujarati Wordlist for Aspell
- aspell-hi Hindi Wordlist for Aspell
- aspell-mr Marathi Wordlist for Aspell
- aspell-ml Malayalam Wordlist for Aspell
- aspell-or Oriya Wordlist for Aspell
- aspell-pa Panjabi Wordlist for Aspell
- aspell-ta Tamil Wordlist for Aspell
- aspell-te Telugu Wordlist for Aspelll
- festival-hi- Festival text to speech synthesizer for Hindi
- festival-mr- Festival text to speech synthesizer for Marathi
- festival-te- Festival text to speech synthesizer for Telugu
- festival- Festival text to speech synthesizer
- itrans- Converts romanized Indic texts to Latex, HTML & Postscript
- latex-sanskrit- Pre-processor and fonts to typeset Sanskrit in TeX
- ttf-indic-fonts Metapackage for free Indian language fonts
These languages/scripts are supported by the Debian-IN team:
Debian-IN team are,
If you would like to help improve Indic support in Debian, please join us!
All wikis are supposed to have a SandBox, so this one does too.
This wiki is powered by ikiwiki.